Monday 20 August 2012

Sunday August 19, 2012


What a good day we had early flight to Mile 108 to survey the wells we installed yesterday. An hour later we were on Mile 111.4 Devil’s Pass to test pit the area of concern. That afternoon we surveyed the test pit locations, actually Claire surveyed the test pit locations (under my guidance of course) and she did an amazing job. She closed the loop within 55mm, not too shabby for her first survey and the site drops at least 10m in elevation.

Tonight we had a wonderful dinner, wild sheep stew with dumplings and carrot cake for desert.

I wish I had lots of photos to show, but my camera’s memory card is acting up, but I can show my drive into work, my office and the drive home.


The view on the way to work…WOW, words cannot explain or impart the wonder of this land.
My office of the day. It’s a solitary feeling working here, even with four other people.

The drive home. WOW again, is all you can say.

Feeling very privileged to be here and seeing what some people wonder about.
Goodnight from as near to heaven you can be with boots still on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment